We care deeply for children and for educators alike, and we hold a profound desire to get to know you and your child as we help connect you with our program and our faculty. In fact, we consider this a distinctive aspect of your engagement with our community.
As you navigate the turning points in your child’s educational journey, we are committed to supporting you with respect, integrity, empathy, and equity. As grade-level specialists, we are uniquely equipped to support your family’s areas of interest. We hold in high regard the thoughtful and personal process you are embarking on to find the best fit school for your child, and our goal is to ensure that you and your child feel a genuine sense of belonging throughout the admissions process.
Below you will find all the information you need to begin your conversation with us. We also invite you to learn more about our community through these resources:
Should you have questions, please do reach out. The best way to contact us is by emailing email@example.com. My colleagues and I monitor that account closely and are always happy to engage with you during any point in this exciting process. We very much look forward to getting to know your child and family!
Interim Director of Admission and Enrollment
Turning Point School welcomes families who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and inclusive practices. Learn more about Our Commitment to Equity here. Turning Point School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or national or ethnic origin or ancestry in the administration of its education or admissions policies or its financial aid, athletics, or other programs.
Our goal is for all applicant families to learn about our community and visit campus as a part of the admissions process. For 2023-24 applicants, we will offer a range of virtual and in-person experiences.
We believe in making the process of applying to Turning Point simple for families. The steps are outlined for you below:
- Complete an online inquiry. Submitting the inquiry will allow you to receive communications and learn about our community.
- Participate in an admissions info session and/or our in-person Taste of Turning Point open house event.
- Complete an online application.
- Sign up for an in-person tour and a Parent/Caregiver conversation.
- Submit recommendations and school records (if applicable).
- Register your child for a student visit/assessment.
- Apply for financial assistance (if applicable).
- Students need to meet the age requirement to enter each appropriate grade level:
- Preschool candidates must be 2 years 9 months old by November 30. Toilet training is required by the start of school.
- Preschool candidates must be 2 years and 9 months by September 1 of 2023. The birthday cutoff is November 30, 2020. Toilet training is required by the start of school.
- Kindergarten candidates must be 5 years old by September 1.
- Grade 1 candidates must be 6 years old by September 1.
- For Middle School the ISEE will no longer be required as part of the admissions process. Our continued work around issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion informs us that this decision is reflective of our goals as a community.
ADMISSIONS PROGRAM INFO SESSIONS/TASTE OF TURNING POINT
Turning Point School offers various opportunities designed to provide a thorough introduction to Turning Point School, our mission, philosophy, and essential information about our programs. Please complete an inquiry form to receive additional information.
COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION
After completing an inquiry form, you will be provided with an online user account to submit your application. A non-refundable application fee of $150 is required to submit your online application. If you plan to apply for financial assistance and require an application fee waiver, please contact our office.
PARENT/CAREGIVER IN-PERSON TOUR AND CONVERSATION
Submit Recommendation and School Records
All necessary forms may be accessed in your application portal or listed under Required Forms (see below). Recommendations and school records must be sent directly from your current school to our admissions office via email between December 1, 2022, and January 13, 2023. Please submit these forms to your child’s current school as early in this period as possible to provide your school with appropriate notice.
- Preschool, Pre-K, or Kindergarten applicant families enrolled in school are only required to submit the Teacher Recommendation Form directly to our office. If the child is not enrolled in school or attends only daycare or toddler group, a recommendation is not required but could be helpful in determining readiness. We welcome any supplemental information from childcare providers.
- Grades 1-4 applicants are required to submit a Teacher Recommendation Form from the current head teacher. For candidates applying from private schools the Administrative Recommendation Form is also required.
- Grades 5-7 applicants are required to submit two teacher recommendations, preferably from Math and English teachers. If the candidate does not have separate teachers, you may submit one recommendation from the current teacher, and one recommendation from the previous year’s teacher or another educator who knows the student. For candidates applying from private schools, the Administrative Recommendation Form is also required.
- Applicants for Grades 1-7 are required to submit two full years of report cards plus the first marking period of the current school year (or any school records available).
To learn more about your child and to give your child the opportunity to experience our community, we will provide a student visit with an assessment component. More details about these assessments will be made available as you engage in the process. Assessments may take place during the school day with our faculty or outside of regular school hours on a weekday afternoon or weekend.
We may elect to host virtual assessments should circumstances require a change of format.
Tuition Assistance APPLICATION
The tuition assistance application is a separate process that should be submitted concurrently with your child’s Application for Admission. All families who think they may need assistance should apply even if they are unsure if they will qualify as future funding may not be available to families that do not apply in their first year. For more information, please visit the Tuition & Financial Assistance section below.
Please sign and provide the required forms for your child’s grade level to your current school after December 1, 2022. All forms and documents must be submitted by your school to Turning Point no later than January 13, 2023. While we do accept recommendations and records by postal mail or fax, our preferred submission method is by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preschool, Pre-K, and Kindergarten Applicants
Elementary Applicants (GRADES 1-4)
Middle School Applicants (GRADES 5-8)
Our application for the 2023-24 school year will open on September 1, 2022.
To access the application form and to receive other important admissions reminders, please first complete an inquiry form. The inquiry form will allow you to create a username and password for the application so that you may save your work and return to it.
If you have previously filled out an inquiry form and need to return to your online application, you may do so here.
September 1, 2022
November 5, 2022
Taste of Turning Point Open House
January 10, 2023
January 13, 2023
Recommendations and School Records Due
January 18, 2023
Tuition Assistance Application Deadline for Current Turning Point Families (including W-2 and 1099 forms)
February 3, 2023
Tuition Assistance Application Deadline for New Families (including W-2 and 1099 forms)
February 23, 2023
Preschool Admissions Notifications Sent
February 28, 2023
Preschool Enrollment Contracts and Deposits Due
March 10, 2023
Pre-K through Grade 8 Admissions Notifications Sent
March 17, 2023
Pre-K through Grade 8 Enrollment Contracts and Deposits Due
April 15, 2023
Previous Year Taxes (2022) Due for New and Current Families
We offer all-inclusive tuition rates that encompass the unique Turning Point experience, including all instructional materials and technology, Study Tours (field trips), yearbooks, Parent Association fees, and tuition insurance.
Tuition is set to minimize additional fees and includes the cost of providing the full academic program for each student. Tuition rates reflected are for the 2023-24 school year.
$32,000 (Includes Morning + After School Care and Summer Programming)
$33,500 (Includes Morning + After School Care and Summer Programming)
ELEMENTARY (GRADES K-4)
$40,000 (Includes Morning Care)
Middle School (Grades 5-8)
$45,000 (Includes Morning Care)
A one-time entrance fee of $1,500 per child is required for each new student.
Families have the option to select payment plans of one, two, or ten installments. Tuition amounts reflect a discount for paying with cash or check. Credit card payments are accepted and paid at the non-discounted amount, which is up to 2.85% higher than the cash discount amount.
A non-refundable deposit of 10% of the tuition amount, which will be applied towards tuition owed, is due upon enrollment.
Turning Point is committed to providing tuition assistance to families who would not be able to attend without this support.
We encourage all families who will need assistance to apply concurrently with your child’s Application for Admission. Approximately one in four Turning Point students receive tuition assistance with awards ranging from approximately 10-80% of tuition.
The Tuition Assistance Committee considers a range of factors in reviewing each family’s application including income, assets, and liabilities. While there is no standard income guideline, families making less than $250,000 in annual income with one child may qualify for some tuition assistance. We cannot guarantee that all families who apply will qualify, or that our budget will meet the needs of all families who qualify to receive tuition assistance.
Applications for tuition assistance for new families are available beginning in December. New families must apply by February 3, 2023, for consideration. Please contact the admissions office for additional information.
If you need support during the process of completing your application, there is in-app support available through Clarity as well as email support at email@example.com in both English and Spanish. The application itself is also fully translated into Spanish.