Regardless of the grade level to which you are applying, the application process is the same:
- Visit Campus
- Complete Online Application
- Submit Recommendations and School Records
- Parent Interview
- Student Visit
- Apply for Tuition Assistance (if applicable)
The above steps are the minimum required to file a complete application with the Office of Admissions; however, you will have additional opportunities to get to know Turning Point through optional events and activities. For information about the specific steps, please see below. Applications are due November 30, 2018.
A flexible application process and timeline is offered as a courtesy to families relocating from outside of the Los Angeles area, both domestically and internationally. Please contact Jackie Pinedo, Associate Director of Admissions at email@example.com for more information.
All necessary forms may be accessed in your application portal or on the Required Forms page.
- Families applying to preschool or kindergarten should have their school submit the Preschool/Kindergarten Evaluation Form directly to our office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the student is not currently in school or attends only daycare or toddler group, no form is required. All recommendations should be submitted between December 1, 2018 and January 18, 2019.
- Applicants to Grades 1-7 should submit two full years of report cards plus the first marking period of the current school year; or whatever school records are available (for example a first grade applicant might not have any records yet). All records must be sent directly from your current school to our office between December 1, 2018 - January 18, 2019.
- A Teacher Recommendation Form from the current head teacher is required for each student applying to Grades 1-5 at Turning Point. Candidates applying from private school must also submit the Administrative Recommendation.
- Two teacher recommendations, Math and English, are required for candidates applying to grades 6 & 7. Candidates applying from private school must also submit the Administrative Recommendation. Candidates that do not have separate teachers for Math and English may submit one recommendation from the current teacher for all subjects, and one recommendation from the previous year’s teacher.
- Candidates for grades 6 & 7 must also submit their scores from the ISEE. To ensure timely receipt of scores, be sure to include Turning Point School (054174) as a score recipient. The test may be taken at any site. To learn more about the ISEE and to register, click here.
- Student visits for Preschool, Kindergarten, and Grade 1 are 30-40 minutes in length and are held on Saturday, January 12, and Saturday, January 26, 2019. Your child will participate in activities in a classroom setting with a small group of other applicant children.
- Student visits for Grades 2-5 are scheduled for February on the basis of expected space availability. All required transcripts and recommendations must be received before a visit will be scheduled. Applicants to Grades 2-5 visit in the Turning Point classroom for 90 minutes during a traditional school day. They will spend part of this time with the students and part of this time completing an individual assessment with the teacher.
- Middle School student interviews will take place on Wednesday, February 20 from 12:30-4:30 pm. Interviews are conducted by Middle School faculty and are approximately 30 minutes.
Turning Point School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or national or ethnic origin or ancestry in the administration of its education or admissions policies or its financial aid, athletics, or other programs.