February 26, 2017
Thank you to all who joined to race, support, and entertain! Please see our wrap-up of the event here, including a link to a SmugMug gallery of photos.
Join us for this family-friendly event to celebrate Turning Point pride, the benefits of staying healthy, and our community partnership with Culver City!
Register to Run or Walk
- 9:00 AM - Run or walk 5 kilometers (3.1 miles) on a tour of Culver City before reaching the "Turning Point" of the race - where faculty, staff, and Turning Point families will cheer you on to a spectacular finish!
- Children are welcome to participate in the 5k, or may sign up for the Munchkin Dash (12 and under) which will be held after the main 5k race. Boys and girls receive celebrity race bibs, official race shirts and high fives by screen idols at the finish line!
- Our own Ms. Ginnie Crawford will be speaking at the start line, offering advice to first-time runners and walkers. Dr. Konigsberg will then welcome everyone to the event.
- The run/walk is stroller friendly, but no blades or bikes, please. For more FAQs, go here.
- Register online using the code TURNINGPOINT to save $5 off each entry fee.
- Wear your Hoop-A-Thon t-shirt! Or, run or walk as your favorite screen star for fun and swag!
- Enjoy no-hassle parking at Turning Point between 8 am - 1 pm, and warm up by walking down to the race start near the intersection of Washington and Culver (in front of Trader Joe's).
Not Running? Join Us at the Turning Point Entertainment Station at Platform
- 9:00 AM - Join teachers, staff, and other Turning Point friends and family at the "Turning Point" of the race, right near the intersection of Washington and National.
- We will be cheering on all the runners and walkers with signs, pom-poms, clapping, and high-fives!
- The Turning Point DONUT BAND will be providing live entertainment - hear some of your favorite race-inspired hits!
- Enjoy no-hassle parking at Turning Point, and walk one block to the Cheer Station (parking available between 8 am - 1 pm)
- Once the majority of runners and walkers have passed, we will walk as a group down to the finish line near Washington Boulevard and Culver Boulevard to continue the celebration.
Finish Line Festivities
- Participants and spectators alike are invited to enjoy the fun finish line festival with refreshments, entertainment, race and costume contest awards, and hearty congratulations for your accomplishments.
- The Turning Point Glee Club will be performing on the main stage around 9:45 am, right before the Awards Ceremony.
- Turning Point School will have a booth at the Finish Line Expo. Stop by to say hello!
Refuel Post-Race at Platform!
- The morning's events will end around 11:00 am. As you walk back to your car on the Turning Point campus, stop by Platform to refresh and refuel. Mention that you are from Turning Point and receive:
Race Day Schedule
8:00 am – Parking opens at Turning Point School (please allow 15 or so minutes to walk to the start line)
8:30 am - Starting line activities begin, including remarks from Turning Point representatives
9:00 am – Screenland 5K Starts
9:00 am - Cheer Station at Washington & National opens with continuous performances by the DONUT BAND.
9:45 am (approx) - Glee Club performance on the main stage
10:00 am – Munchkin Kids Dash
1:00 pm - Parking at Turning Point closes
Where Do I Go?
- Park at Turning Point School between 8 am - 1 pm. We are close to both the Start/Finish areas and the Cheer Station.
- View a COURSE MAP
- Finish Line Festival, refreshments, booths and bike valet are at Media Park bordered by Canfield Avenue, Venice Boulevard, and Culver Boulevard.
- Start Line for Screenland 5K and Munchkin Kids Dash is on Culver Boulevard at Main Street.
- Finish Line is on Ince Boulevard just south of Culver Boulevard.