Tuesdays, April 18 - June 20
Toddlers 12-20 months:
Tuesdays, 9:45 - 10:45 am
Toddlers 18-28 months:
Tuesdays, 3:30 - 4:30 pm
Cost for the ten-week program: $450
Engage with experts and other parents in exploring parenting techniques and approaches specific to the toddler years! In the Turning Point Toddler Program, we support parents as they become increasingly confident and joyful in embracing and growing their individual parenting styles.
This unique program builds upon Turning Point's philosophy of embracing the whole child and respecting diversity, and is facilitated by Babytalk LA, Los Angeles' preeminent parenting program. Our research-based curriculum guides parent in exploring important topics with the help of a trained Babytalk LA facilitator, certified Turning Point faculty, outside experts, and the collective wisdom of the group. Toddlers attend the sessions along with one parent.
- Helping your child deal with transitions
- Developing a good relationship with food
- Discipline how to's: beyond no
- How to raise a happy child…starting from the toddler years
- Handling praise
- Biting and hitting
- What to do in an emergency
- Developing the young artist
- Do Americans have it all backwards? An international look at parenting
- Coping strategies for a toddler parent
- Raising a thankful child
- Developing socially appropriate behavior
- Exploring gender roles
- Major transitions
- Weekend curriculum
- Dealing with difficult subjects
- Grandparents and your toddler
- Parents as teammates
- The importance of imaginary play
- Keeping your relationships thriving
Parenting experts support group discussion, present information, and address specific questions. Parents are then encouraged to consider how they might apply what they have learned to their own practices. Every parent has a chance each session to talk about what is happening with their toddler, and to learn strategies from other parents who are working at specific stages of development.
Program Facilitator Vanessa Karubian Saxe, the founder of Babytalk LA, brings with her a wealth of knowledge about how to create a comfortable play space where toddlers and parents can interact, and topics can be explored in a safe and open format. Vanessa and her team are all Certified Parent Educators, as well as moms themselves.
One of the topics we explore during the Toddler Program series is how to raise a happy child. Click here to find some tips and pointers from that conversation.