Thank you for your interest in Turning Point School. The following links will guide you through our application process. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Office at 310-841-2505 or email@example.com.
Though it is not required that you visit campus before you apply it is highly encouraged. Turning Point School offers three distinct types of visit opportunities depending upon the grade level for which you plan to apply. Once the Online Inquiry is submitted, an admissions representative will contact you with more details and to schedule your visit.
Families are invited to apply to Turning Point School during the academic year prior to enrollment. Our Application is submitted online. Please note that you must submit an Online Inquiry in order to receive log-in information for the application. After receipt of your application and fee, you will be contacted to schedule your required Admissions appointments.
All applicants are required to submit the online application and $150 non-refundable application fee. Parents will be invited for a Parent Interview, and all applicant students will come to campus for a Student Evaluation. Please see below for additional application requirements by grade level, and note that all recommendations and school records must be sent directly from the school or teacher in order to be considered official. To access required recommendation forms, please visit the Required Forms page or login to your Application. All recommendation forms and school records are due by January 20, 2017.
- Our Primary Program is for students age 2 years, 9 months through age 5.
- In addition to a Parent Interview and Student Evaluation, preschool applicant parents will attend a classroom observation and meet with the Primary Division Head.
- If your child is currently enrolled in a preschool, please have their Preschool Director or Head Teacher complete a recommendation form. If your child is not currently enrolled in a preschool program, or if this is their first school experience, no recommendation form is required.
- Level K candidates must be 5 years old as of September 1 of their year of entry.
- In addition to a Parent Interview and Student Evaluation, Level K applicant parents will attend a classroom observation and meet with the Elementary Division Head.
- Level K candidates are required to submit a recommendation form from their current Preschool Director or Head Teacher.
Elementary (Levels 1-5)
- In addition to a Parent Interview and Student Evaluation, applicant parents to Levels 1-5 will attend a classroom observation and meet with the Elementary Division Head.
- All Elementary candidates are required to submit a Teacher Recommendation form from their current teacher.
- All Elementary applicants applying from a private school must also submit an Administrative Recommendation. Students applying from public school are exempt.
Report cards or transcripts from the current and previous two years are required for applicants to Levels 3-5.
Middle School (Levels 6-8)
- In addition to a Parent Interview and Student Evaluation, all Middle School applicants and their parent(s) must attend Middle School Open House on either November 17, 2016 at 6:00 pm or January 19, 2017 at 6:00 pm.
- Required recommendations and documents are as follows:
- Administrator Recommendation (candidates applying from private schools only).
- English Teacher Recommendation (current teacher).
- Math Teacher Recommendation (current teacher).
- Official School Transcripts from the previous two years plus the first marking period of the current school year.
- Any standardized testing administered by the school during the previous two years.
- All Middle School Candidates must submit a score report from the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). The test may be taken up to two times per academic year at any test site. If a student takes the test more than one time, the admission's office would prefer to receive both of the applicant results, but it that is at your discretion. To ensure timely receipt of scores, be sure to include Turning Point School (054174) as a score recipient. The test may be taken at any site. To learn more about the ISEE and to register, click here.
You may view the status of your submission at any time by logging into your Application. A personal account will be created when you access our online inquiry form and begin to complete the online application. Please use the login credentials that you used to begin the application process.
Admission Notification Dates
Preschool Applicants Under Four Years of Age:
Admissions Decision Mailed - February 9, 2017
Preschool Applicants Over Four Years of Age and Levels K-8:
Admissions Decision Mailed - March 17, 2017
Turning Point School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or national or ethnic origin or ancestry in the administration of its education or admissions policies or its financial aid, athletics, or other programs.